Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is it me or everyone else?

So I'm having a real hard time communicating with people lately. Yesterday  I was talking o Erik about something that happened a while ago. And he completely disagreed on what had happened. We almost had an argument until I realized that we are talking about two completely different events. Why it took us 10 min to figure that out is a beyond my understanding. And today my phone conversation with a hair salon was something like " Hi i want to make an appointment for a haircut" and they say "do you have an appointment set up already?" which I heard as "can we call you back later?", so I go "Sure, my number is 848 8878", which they heard as "I have an appointment Saturday at 8".  So they asked me if i was confirming it. But I wasn't, I wanted an appointment! Oh, is it me or is it everyone else?

6 comments:

Jake Knotts said...

sounds like you are going crazy.

MVision said...

Thanks, Jake. Nice to hear from you too!

Lena Powers said...

i think the hair-cutting people are crazy
:)

MVision said...

Lena, I thinks so too! Thank you very much.

Marina said...

you remember aida telling stories about how she and vika or anzhelika would talk but hear absolutely different things, and then would try to prove to each other they actually meant something different. your story reminded me of them :)

Anya said...

it's just you marina. nobody else in the whole world has miscommunications in their third language :)